What you commit to do
**Please read and commit to follow our Values & Inclusivity Policy and note that your membership may be canceled without notice if you violate our Policy. You can also be expelled from our events.
As a member of GamePlay Space, you commit to:
- Taking loud and/or long conversations and cell phone conversations out of the open space in order to respect the work environment of others (book a meeting room or go outside the space).
- Respecting the privacy, confidentiality, and work environment of other Members of the space (and other tenants in the building).
- Respecting common areas, furniture, devices and equipment. You will be responsible for any damages.
- Being responsible for the acts of the guests you bring in. Day Pass Owners may not bring their own guests.
- Bringing in only one guest at a time, except for clients/providers/investors meetings. In which case, you have to book a meeting room to not disturb the other Members and for a reasonable time.
- Not engaging in any illegal activity in the space.
Limit of services
You can pick any desk you want but we reserve the right to move you if needed (for example to reunite a team).
During the day, we are trying to avoid disruptive activities as much as possible, but please note that during Lunch or after 6pm, we sometimes host events which could be disruptive.
We will provide “Fixed” Members with storage for valuable devices and we will attempt to guarantee security in the space but, please, keep in mind that any personal items are left in the space at your own risk. We are not responsible if anything is broken or stolen in the space.
We will provide you with top-ranked WIFI and, for “Fixed” Members, with Ethernet. Please, keep in mind that you will be on an open network and we can not control the machines accessing our network. You are responsible for having an up-to-date Firewall and Anti-Virus software to protect your computer and devices.
Mentors and Partners of GPS will provide you with advice and even operational help. Please, keep in mind that there are no guaranteed results and neither they nor GPS will take any responsibility for any loss or damage resulting from the advice given.
If you are an incorporated studio, we ask you to have your own insurance including a liability insurance. If you don’t have your own policy, you can ask us to refer you to a broker in order to help the process along.
Please note that we have a video monitoring system in the space. Our Policy is the following: only GPS’ director has the password to access the records. Every 3 months, the records are deleted. The records will never be watched except in the case of suspected or reported illegal activity noticed in the space. In this case, the director will review the tapes and, if necessary, escalate it to the police and members of the board.
Members and Day Pass buyers shall not be entitled to claim against GPS for any damages, general or special, caused, by fire, water, sprinkler systems, partial or temporary failure or stoppage of services or utilities, or from other services which GPS is obligated to provide according to these Terms & Agreements, from any cause whatsoever.
- Prices are in CAD.
- Please note, that we prefer direct deposits, however other forms of payment are accepted.
- Memberships are only for individuals, and may not be shared with anyone else.
- Memberships are calculated on a monthly basis, and last between 28-31 days depending on the month.
- You are responsible for booking or cancelling in time for the next month. You can book a “Fixed” Membership for several months.
- Payment in full is due at the beginning of your monthly membership cycle. If payment is not received within 7 days of the due date, we reserve the right to restrict your access to the space, or revoke your membership.
- In case of other major issues, we will assess case by case.
Refund Policy: No refunds will be given for voluntary cancellation. Regarding “Mobile” Memberships and Day Pass Owners, no refunds will be given if you do not find a desk available.
* Opening hours could change, we will give you notice if that happens.
** Please note, these Terms & Agreements are subject to change, you will be notified of any changes and will be expected to follow the new terms.