Social Media & Community Manager
GamePlay Space is a not-for-profit co-working space for indie video game developers.
Do you tweet, share, and post to social media in your sleep? Do you know what it takes to grow an online community? Have you been so passionate about something to be considered an ambassador?
We’re looking for a Social Media & Community Manager to both guide indie game developers in building community around their games and manage our social media accounts. More broadly, the goal is to leverage GamePlay Space as a platform for developers to succeed in launching new games. We expect you to implement strategies and tactics that grow our followers, engage and retain them, and help convert them into active fans and promoters of our community.
You should have command of best practices and trends in social media, enjoy being creative, understand how to both build and convert a digital audience in the video game industry and be community focused.
This is a 3yr, full-time contract.
- Build and manage GamePlay Space’s social media profiles and presence, including Facebook, Twitter, Twitch, LinkedIn, and additional channels that may be deemed relevant.
- Create and maintain relationships with social media influencers (particularly Twitch streamers & YouTubers).
- Support indie studios in community building/engagement efforts.
- Grow new audiences for our brand, events, and overall programming.
- Optimize our marketing automation and lead nurturing processes through email, content, and social channels.
- Explore new ways to engage and identify new social networks to reach our target audience.
- Create shareable content appropriate for specific networks to spread both our brand and our content.
- Perform other duties as needed in support of the operation of the space.
- French/English bilingual – written and spoken.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience.
- Active and well-rounded personal presence in social media, with a command of each network and their best practices.
- Excellent communicator and creative thinker, with an ability to use both data and intuition to inform decisions.
- Community-minded, self-starter with the ability to work independently as well as part of a team when necessary.
- Past experience in video game marketing and community management strongly preferred.
- Bonus skills: WordPress, Adobe Creative Suite, Video and streaming production/editing.
If you’re interested in this role and could see yourself doing a great job, don’t let a few missing qualifications stop you from applying. We hate writing job descriptions as much as you hate trying to fit yourself into the list of requirements. Tell us why YOU would be the best fit in this role and in our community!
Starting date: As soon as possible
Please send your application to Liv Lunde, Executive Director, by email at email@example.com no later than February 18, 2018.
Legally entitled to work in Canada.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.