GamePlay Space is a world-class, entrepreneur-focused, not-for-profit community-based work space dedicated to video game startups and indies, with more than 100 developers across 30+ studios, all housed under one roof in the Quartier des Spectacles.
We’re hiring a self-motivated Project Manager with experience juggling more than one project at a time. You will work with a small team within our company to ensure delivery of several professional training, mentoring, and showcase initiatives with experts and participants from all over the video game industry. You will coordinate all planning and logistical details to ensure all aspects of various projects are delivered on-time and on-budget. Additionally, you will act – as needed – as an additional support person for the marketing team and for other general initiatives that take place at GamePlay Space.
You should be a creative and passionate individual who will fit with our collaborative culture. The job may require odd work hours, but we operate on a reasonably flexible schedule (no 9-5 here). If you enjoy working in an exciting industry of professionals who enjoy sharing, learning, and collaboration, then this might be the job for you!
This is a contract position that ends Dec 31, 2020.
- Manage the implementation of all aspects (budgets, logistics, marketing…) of these projects from concept through delivery.
- Coordinate all arrangements related to events, meetings, training sessions, etc.
- Liaise with invited guests. Make travel and hotel arrangements. Prepare travel expense reports for reimbursement of guests.
- Attend events to monitor and ensure smooth functioning of all activities. Solve problems that arise during events.
- Ensure a rigorous follow-up of the costs and the contents of each project.
- Communicate the evolution of projects and liaise between the various internal teams and guests.
- Support marketing & communications efforts when necessary.
- Communicate on a regular basis with the Executive Director all progress and problems in relation to projects.
- Ensure follow-ups with project partners and create annual project reports, where needed.
- Research and prepare the submission of grant applications and other forms of project funding.
- Perform other duties in support of event planning/execution and general operation of the space.
- French/English bilingual – written and spoken
- Proven project management experience with ability to prioritize, multitask and meet multiple deadlines.
- Community-minded, self-starter with the ability to work independently as well as part of a team when necessary.
- Relevant Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience.
- Adept at coordinating arrangements for events and meetings.
- Excellent communicator and creative thinker, with an ability to use both data and intuition to inform decisions.
- Past experience in video-game industry is an asset, but not required.
- Bonus skills: WordPress, Adobe Creative Suite, Google Suite.
If you’re interested in this role and could see yourself doing a great job, don’t let a few missing qualifications stop you from applying. We hate writing job descriptions as much as you hate trying to fit yourself into the list of requirements. Tell us why YOU would be the best fit in this role and in our community!
Starting date: As soon as possible
Please send your application (with a cover letter) to Liv Lunde, Executive Director, by email at email@example.com no later than May 20, 2019.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.