GamePlay Space is a not-for-profit co-working space for indie video game developers.
We’re hiring a self-motivated Project Manager with experience juggling more than one project at a time. You will work with a small team within our company to ensure delivery of several professional training and mentoring events with experts from all over the video game industry. You will coordinate all planning and logistical details to ensure all aspects of the project are delivered on-time and on-budget. Additionally, you will act as a support person for the project based marketing team and for other general events that take place at GPS.
You should be a creative and dedicated individual who will fit with our collaborative culture. The job may require odd work hours, but we operate on a flexible schedule (no 9-5 here). If you enjoy working in an exciting industry of professionals who enjoy sharing, learning, and collaboration, then this might be the job for you!
This is a full-time 3yr contract.
- Manage the implementation of all logistical aspects of the project until its delivery.
- Coordinate all arrangements related to events, meetings, training sessions…etc..
- Liaise with invited guests. Make travel and hotel arrangements. Prepare travel expense reports for reimbursement of guests.
- Attend events to monitor and ensure smooth functioning of all activities. Solve problems that arise during events.
- Ensure a rigorous follow-up of the costs and the contents of the project.
- Communicate the evolution of projects and liaise between the various internal teams and guests.
- Support marketing & communications efforts when necessary.
- Communicate on a regular basis with the Director all progress and problems in relation to the project. Including a yearly project report.
- Perform other duties in support of event planning/execution and general operation of the space.
- French/English bilingual – written and spoken
- Relevant Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience.
- Project management experience with proven ability to prioritize, multitask and meet multiple deadlines.
- Proven ability to coordinate arrangements for events and meetings.
- Excellent communicator and creative thinker, with an ability to use both data and intuition to inform decisions.
- Community-minded, self-starter with the ability to work independently as well as part of a team when necessary.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Past experience in video-game industry is an asset, but not required.
- Bonus skills: WordPress, Adobe Creative Suite, Google Suite.
If you’re interested in this role and could see yourself doing a great job, don’t let a few missing qualifications stop you from applying. We hate writing job descriptions as much as you hate trying to fit yourself into the list of requirements. Tell us why YOU would be the best fit in this role and in our community!
Starting date: As soon as possible
Please send your application to Ms. Liv Lunde, Executive Director, by email at email@example.com no later than January 21, 2018.
Legally entitled to work in Canada.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.