GamePlay Space is hiring a Community Manager
GamePlay Space is a world-class, entrepreneur-focused, not-for-profit community-based work space dedicated to video game startups and indies, with more than 100 developers in 30+ studios, all housed under one roof in the Quartier des Spectacles.
Do you tweet, share, and post to social media in your sleep? Do you participate in and/or moderate online communities? Do you love working with people and helping them solve problems?
We’re looking for a Community Manager to manage our social media accounts and to be the point person for the members in our co-working space. More broadly, the goal is to create a welcoming GamePlay Space community online and in-person. We expect you to post regularly to our social media channels to help convert followers into active fans and promoters of our community. In addition to growing our external community, we need someone who can work with our members within the space and help them with any issues they may have, whether helping them over Discord or with office related tasks.
You should have an interest in best practices and trends in social media, enjoy talking to people, and a desire to learn how community, event, & office management works in the video game industry. You will be working closely with our Executive Director and those responsible for our marketing strategy.
This is a 2 year full-time contract. This is an entry-level position.
- Manage the GamePlay Space social media profiles and presence, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Twitch and additional channels that may be deemed relevant.
- Track social media analytics and present them to the team
- Write and/or film shareable posts appropriate for specific networks to spread both our brand and our events.
- Assist with event coordination, ranging from lunch & learns to larger scale conferences.
- Manage the GamePlay Space Discord server and MailChimp newsletters.
- Be the point person for members of the space, facilitate internal communication, and manage member requests.
- Perform other duties in support of the operations of the space as needed.
- French/English bilingual – written and spoken.
- Bachelor degree and/or equivalent work experience.
- Active and well-rounded personal presence in social media, with a command of each network and their best practices, including Discord.
- Community-minded, self-starter with the ability to work independently as well as part of a team when necessary.
- Bonus skills: WordPress, Adobe Creative Suite, MailChimp, Video Production.
If you’re interested in this role and could see yourself doing a great job, don’t let a few missing qualifications stop you from applying. We hate writing job descriptions as much as you hate trying to fit yourself into the list of requirements. We want someone excited to learn on the job, so tell us why YOU would be the best fit in this role and in our community!
Starting date: March 18th 2019
Please send your application to Ms.Stephanie Saretsky, Marketing Manager, by email at stephanie [at] gameplayspace [dot] com no later than February 22, 2019 at noon.
You must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.